Whether you own a power boat or a sail boat, the Petrucci Agency can assist you with all of your boat insurance needs.
Florida State Law does not require personal-use boat insurance; however, the Petrucci Agency highly recommends carrying the coverage to protect you from the financial risks of not being properly insured.
Similar to an auto policy, boat owners should consider the following when deciding their boat insurance needs:
- Bodily Injury Liability protects you if you injure someone in a boating accident.
- Property Damage Liability covers damages your boat causes to someone else’s property, such as another boat or dock.
- Medical Payment Insurance covers injuries to you or to your passengers if injured while boating.
- Comprehensive Coverage covers damage to your boat caused by incidents and factors other than a boating accident, such as theft or a windstorm.
- Collision Coverage covers cost of repairing accident damage to your boat.
- Uninsured Boater/Motorist Insurance helps pay your damages including injuries, lost wages or loss of life if the other boater lacks sufficient insurance.
In addition to the smaller boats, yacht policies are also offered. With these policies, higher limits, agreed value, and other inclusions such as towing are available.